i promise, that while i am finally on my glorious holiday starting this coming saturday, to write about zafferano, dining at the gherkin, spaghetti pie and george's fascination with bonito flakes, orrery's, pierre gagnaire toast at glade/sketch, the very good looking tom aikens and all the other greedy episodes in my life in the last two months. and of course all the yummy things i'm going to be eating while i'm on holiday.
but for now, i'd like to tell you all how you could win yourselves
if you've read my previous raving posts on this blog, or have been one of my victims as i launched into a soliloquy declaring my affections for Patterson's, you will know how much i love going there - i love the food, the inventive dishes, the superb service, the squashy plants on the table. and because i like to share the love - i'd love for you to dine at patterson's for yourself. As part of Menu For Hope, a campaign by food bloggers all over the world to raise funds for the UN World Food Programme by raffling off various food related prizes, the good people at Patterson's (again - how is it possible not to love them?) have kindly agreed to donate a three course meal for two (without wine) at Patterson's. It's all for a fantastic course (sic) - the money is going towards a school feeding programme in the mountain kingdom of Lesotho. it's a meal for two - if you win it, i promise not to hate you (for too long) if you don't take me. seriously though - i can't think of any reason why you wouldn't desperately want to bid for this amazing prize. The prize code for this meal is UK27 - you will need to specify this code when you are bidding.
Instructions on how to bid:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at http://www.chezpim.com/blogs/2007/12/menu-for-hope-4.html
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope4 and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02. The prize code for the Patterson's dinner is UK27.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday Jaunary 9 for the results of the raffle.